Department of Physics  

Department of physics started in the year 1961 as UG department. The founder head was Shri K.K. Shukla who was also the founder principal of the college. M.Sc. course was introduced in the year 1984 with the specialization in electronics. Total number of sanctioned posts in the department is 11. At present the department has dedicated team of 8 associate professors and two part time teachers. Department is well equipped UG and PG laboratories and other necessary facilities and resources for teaching, learning and research. Department has LCD projector and is well connected with LAN networking and intercom facility. Departmental has a rich departmental library for faculty and PG students. It has more than 1200 books which include text books, reference books, conference proceedings etc. A large number of rare books are also available in the departmental library. The physical society of the department was established in 2004 which has objectives to organize lectures, seminars, workshops to facilitate interaction of faculty members and PG students with experts. The physical society has good number of standard and rare books


Department has produced large number of students who are serving the nation in various capacities. They are working as civil servants, as scientists in premier research institutes like BAARC, IIPR, as professors etc.